- New budget accord saves $23B — after $65B spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Kevin McHale’s daughter dies at 23
HOUSTON (AP) - The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 23.
Alexandra “Sasha” McHale died Saturday, and the team disclosed no other details Sunday.
Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter. During his absence, Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale’s return.
Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his “deepest condolences” over the loss of the McHales’ “beautiful daughter.” He called Kevin and wife Lynn “loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.” He said the “entire organization is mourning.”
Some of the Rockets expressed their support for McHale.
James Harden tweeted: “Praying for coach McHale and his family.” Chandler Parsons added on Twitter: “R.I.P. Sasha.”
McHale spent several years with the Minnesota Timberwolves as a coach and executive before joining the Rockets following two seasons as a television analyst.
“While Kevin was with our organization, we all watched Sasha grow up and become an outstanding young woman,” Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said in a statement. “She will be sorely missed by her family and friends.”
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- New budget accord saves $23B -- after $65B spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- EDITORIAL: The shake that shook the world
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- GOV'T MOTORS: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $15 billion loss for taxpayers
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow