- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
Kevin McHale’s daughter dies at 23
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 23.
Alexandra “Sasha” McHale died Saturday, and the team disclosed no other details Sunday.
Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter. During his absence, Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale’s return.
Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his “deepest condolences” over the loss of the McHales’ “beautiful daughter.” He called Kevin and wife Lynn “loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.” He said the “entire organization is mourning.”
Some of the Rockets expressed their support for McHale.
James Harden tweeted: “Praying for coach McHale and his family.” Chandler Parsons added on Twitter: “R.I.P. Sasha.”
McHale spent several years with the Minnesota Timberwolves as a coach and executive before joining the Rockets following two seasons as a television analyst.
“While Kevin was with our organization, we all watched Sasha grow up and become an outstanding young woman,” Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said in a statement. “She will be sorely missed by her family and friends.”
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq