- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Kevin McHale’s daughter dies at 23
HOUSTON (AP) - The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 23.
Alexandra “Sasha” McHale died Saturday, and the team disclosed no other details Sunday.
Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter. During his absence, Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale’s return.
Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his “deepest condolences” over the loss of the McHales’ “beautiful daughter.” He called Kevin and wife Lynn “loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.” He said the “entire organization is mourning.”
Some of the Rockets expressed their support for McHale.
James Harden tweeted: “Praying for coach McHale and his family.” Chandler Parsons added on Twitter: “R.I.P. Sasha.”
McHale spent several years with the Minnesota Timberwolves as a coach and executive before joining the Rockets following two seasons as a television analyst.
“While Kevin was with our organization, we all watched Sasha grow up and become an outstanding young woman,” Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said in a statement. “She will be sorely missed by her family and friends.”
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.