- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 19-25)
“This was supposed to be a short holiday week. President Obama pardoned two turkeys and his photogenic family welcomed the annual Christmas tree at a White House ceremony. But a successful trip to Asia found the president again preoccupied with the Middle East — brokering an Israel-Hamas cease-fire, both directly and through Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
“Within hours of these diplomatic successes, the Egyptian president returned to Cairo and reminded both the U.S. and the world how fragile democracy and human rights can be in the largest Arab country. Is Mohammed Morsi an ally to be counted upon in a crisis, as he was earlier in the week? Or is he a demagogue willing to turn Egypt into another theocracy in the region? Whatever the answer, there are few short work weeks when you are president.
“On the domestic front, the president and key leaders in Congress are at least engaging in diplomatic-speak when it comes to revenues and budget cuts. And shoppers apparently did what they were supposed to do on Black Friday.”
Last week’s grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again