- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 19-25)
Question of the Day
“This was supposed to be a short holiday week. President Obama pardoned two turkeys and his photogenic family welcomed the annual Christmas tree at a White House ceremony. But a successful trip to Asia found the president again preoccupied with the Middle East — brokering an Israel-Hamas cease-fire, both directly and through Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
“Within hours of these diplomatic successes, the Egyptian president returned to Cairo and reminded both the U.S. and the world how fragile democracy and human rights can be in the largest Arab country. Is Mohammed Morsi an ally to be counted upon in a crisis, as he was earlier in the week? Or is he a demagogue willing to turn Egypt into another theocracy in the region? Whatever the answer, there are few short work weeks when you are president.
“On the domestic front, the president and key leaders in Congress are at least engaging in diplomatic-speak when it comes to revenues and budget cuts. And shoppers apparently did what they were supposed to do on Black Friday.”
Last week’s grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow