- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Facebook stock climbs after upgrade
NEW YORK (AP) - Facebook’s stock is climbing after an upgrade from an analyst who believes Wall Street is underestimating the company’s potential to grow revenue.
Bernstein Research analyst Carlos Kirjner said Monday that Facebook Inc. is likely to beat Wall Street’s revenue expectations over the next 12 to 24 months. He expects Facebook to hit $6.98 billion in revenue in 2013, some 9 percent higher than the average analyst’s expectation. In 2011, the social network reported revenue of $3.71 billion.
Kirjner upgraded Facebook’s stock to “Outperform” from “Market Perform,” saying that mobile advertising will drive revenue growth. He wrote in a note to investors that Facebook will likely be able to increase the number of advertisements its users view each day, with little chance they will see the additional ads as a “material deterioration” of their Facebook experience.
Facebook’s stock is up $1.85, or 7.7 percent, at $25.85. It’s still down 32 percent from its initial public offering price of $38.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.