- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Pitt player accused of assault, kicked off team
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pitt coach Paul Chryst has dismissed redshirt freshman defensive back Stephen Williams from the team for disciplinary reasons two days after he was charged with assaulting a woman who said she was his girlfriend.
Police say the woman flagged down officers Saturday about 2 a.m. The say she had marks on her chest and claimed her hair and an earring had been ripped out. Police say the 19-year-old Williams denied assaulting the woman or that she was his girlfriend but that he did acknowledge shoving her after she sought police help.
Williams faces a preliminary hearing in Pittsburgh Municipal Court on Thursday on a misdemeanor charge of simple assault. Online court records don’t list an attorney for Williams, and he did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment Monday.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world