- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
Amber Tamblyn to make her Broadway debut next year
NEW YORK (AP) - Amber Tamblyn, who stars in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" films and on TV in "House" and "Joan of Arcadia," is heading to Broadway.
Producers said Tuesday that Tamblyn will make her Great White Way debut in Beth Henley's comedy "The Miss Firecracker Contest" in the spring of 2013. The theater, co-stars and dates will be announced later.
Judith Ivey, who is currently starring on Broadway in "The Heiress" opposite Jessica Chastain, will direct, marking her own directorial Broadway debut.
The comedy, about a young woman who hopes winning a local talent contest will restore her soiled reputation, first appeared in New York off-Broadway in 1984 and was made into a 1989 film starring Holly Hunter, Mary Steenburgen and Tim Robbins.
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
White House pets gone wild!