- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
Actor Jon Bernthal juggling new projects, family
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - His character was killed off AMC’s “The Walking Dead” TV series last season, but actor Jon Bernthal says he still enjoys settling on the couch on Sundays to watch the latest installment of the zombie series.
Watching the show, where he played deputy Shane Walsh, offers a moment of down-time for Bernthal, who these days is juggling TNT’s television series “L.A. Noir” and filming of “The Wolf of Wall Street,” a Martin Scorsese film about Wall Street corruption also starring Jonah Hill, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew McConaughey.
Bernthal told The Associated Press he’s thrilled to be working with Scorsese.
“He’s always been one of my favorite filmmakers, the guy I’ve always dreamed of working with,” he said. “It’s a really cool cast and based on a true story, so it’s been a really exciting project.”
Bernthal also has a finished film, “Snitch,” due in theaters in February. The movie, starring Dwayne Johnson, is about a father who goes undercover for the DEA when his son is imprisoned after being set up in a drug deal.
But Bernthal says the real news in February will be the arrival of the newest member of his family. He and his wife, Erin Angle, are expecting their second child. While Bernthal says he’d like to find out the sex of the baby-on-the-way, his wife wants to be surprised.
“She calls the shots in that department, so we won’t be finding out until February,” he said with a laugh. The couple has a son, Henry, who is 15 months old.
Bernthal is also heading to New Orleans this weekend to greet fans of “The Walking Dead” at the Wizard World Comic Con conference. His character was killed last season, returned as a zombie and was killed again.
“I’m very much still watching it,” he said. “I’m still a fan.”
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq