- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
MAC championship has BCS implications
Question of the Day
Wildcats get Big 12 title and Fiesta Bowl bid with victory … KANSAS STATE 38-24.
No. 12 Oklahoma (minus 6 1/2) at TCU
Sooners need to bounce back quickly from Bedlam … TCU 34-31.
No. 13 Florida State (minus 14) vs. Georgia Tech, ACC championship at Charlotte
Seminoles looking for first ACC title since 2005, and Orange Bowl bid … FLORIDA STATE 44-21.
No. 14 Nebraska (minus 3) vs. Wisconsin, Big Ten championship at Indianapolis
Winner goes to Rose Bowl because Ohio State can’t … NEBRASKA 24-17.
Nicholls State (no line) at No. 16 Oregon State
Postponed by Hurricane Isaac earlier in season … OREGON STATE 48-14.
No. 24 Oklahoma State (minus 4) at Baylor
Cowboys and Bears combine to average 1,122 yards per game … OKLAHOMA STATE 51-45.
No. 25 Boise State (minus 9 1/2) at Nevada
Last time Broncos visited Reno, an OT loss kept them out of BCS … BOISE STATE 31-24.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- CRUZ: 'Fahrenheit 451' Democrats
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs