- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Music ‘dealmaker’ Jack Wishna found dead in Vegas
Jack Wishna was found Tuesday at his Henderson home, Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said.
The circumstances surrounding the 54-year-old’s death were unknown. Foul play wasn’t suspected, police spokesman Keith Paul said.
The well-known wheeler and dealer will be remembered for orchestrating a multimillion-dollar agreement between performer Wayne Newton and the Stardust casino, said Dan Wilinsky, a spokesman for Wishna’s latest project.
Wishna is credited with bringing Trump and Treasure Island owner Phil Ruffin together to build the Trump International Tower in Las Vegas, and he was instrumental in persuading Jackson to return from his extended stay abroad in the mid-2000s, said Randall Sullivan, author of “Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson.”
Wishna had recently been developing a social media website for musicians and their fans. He had billed the site RockCityClub.com as a new way to discover talent and create rock stars.
Wishna is survived by his wife, Donna.
Associated Press writer Michelle Rindels contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again