- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
Young Frogs prove they can compete in Big 12
They bounced back to win at Baylor before a triple-overtime loss to Texas Tech. After blowing a halftime lead at Oklahoma State, the Frogs won the meeting of Big 12 newcomers with a 39-38 double-overtime victory at West Virginia. Before going to Texas, they lost 23-10 at Kansas State, which then briefly took over the No. 1 spot in the BCS standings.
“We knew what it was going to be like at the end of the season. … The last four (games), we’re 2-2,” Patterson said. “Probably if everybody here was a betting person, they probably wouldn’t bet we were 2-2. Because I listened to (media) talk at the beginning of the season about, `Well, you had a chance to be 7-0, but I don’t think those last five, you win any of them.’ … We’ve gotten better, we’ve still got a long way to go.”
TCU will end its first Big 12 season playing in a bowl for the eighth consecutive season, and the 14th time in 15 seasons _ since Patterson arrived as defensive coordinator with coach Dennis Franchione’s staff in 1998. The Frogs will open the 2013 season at Cowboys Stadium against LSU.
“We have so many young guys, so many freshman playing,” senior tight end Corey Fuller said. “It’s going to be amazing the next couple of years watching them grow up, and they’ve been doing a phenomenal job with that they’ve accomplished this year.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.