- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An unholy comparison
Breathing the flames of sycophancy and the hellish misperception that President Obama is God, actor Jamie Foxx recently said at the Soul Train Awards, “It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama” (“Jamie Foxx — ‘Give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama,’ ” Web, Monday).
I can tolerate Mr. Foxx’s sacrilege, but I can’t stand his deifying a failed president. It would be sin enough to call John F. Kennedy or Franklin D. Roosevelt God. At least they were responsible for some positive acts. But Mr. Obama? Give me a break. He has ruined the economy, destroyed the oil industry, proliferated food stamps and poverty, confused the sexes and ratified homosexual “marriage,” not to mention increased our enemies around the world and significantly weakened our defenses.
Is this a man who walks on water? He would probably sink in a boat. Mr. Obama has holes in his rhetoric and in his deeds. To call Mr. Obama a savior is to call Forrest Gump a genius. Forrest simply kept stepping into luck. Similarly, Mr. Obama is a failure who keeps garnering votes.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers