- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An unholy comparison
Breathing the flames of sycophancy and the hellish misperception that President Obama is God, actor Jamie Foxx recently said at the Soul Train Awards, “It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama” (“Jamie Foxx — ‘Give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama,’ ” Web, Monday).
I can tolerate Mr. Foxx’s sacrilege, but I can’t stand his deifying a failed president. It would be sin enough to call John F. Kennedy or Franklin D. Roosevelt God. At least they were responsible for some positive acts. But Mr. Obama? Give me a break. He has ruined the economy, destroyed the oil industry, proliferated food stamps and poverty, confused the sexes and ratified homosexual “marriage,” not to mention increased our enemies around the world and significantly weakened our defenses.
Is this a man who walks on water? He would probably sink in a boat. Mr. Obama has holes in his rhetoric and in his deeds. To call Mr. Obama a savior is to call Forrest Gump a genius. Forrest simply kept stepping into luck. Similarly, Mr. Obama is a failure who keeps garnering votes.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report