- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An unholy comparison
Question of the Day
Breathing the flames of sycophancy and the hellish misperception that President Obama is God, actor Jamie Foxx recently said at the Soul Train Awards, “It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama” (“Jamie Foxx — ‘Give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama,’ ” Web, Monday).
I can tolerate Mr. Foxx’s sacrilege, but I can’t stand his deifying a failed president. It would be sin enough to call John F. Kennedy or Franklin D. Roosevelt God. At least they were responsible for some positive acts. But Mr. Obama? Give me a break. He has ruined the economy, destroyed the oil industry, proliferated food stamps and poverty, confused the sexes and ratified homosexual “marriage,” not to mention increased our enemies around the world and significantly weakened our defenses.
Is this a man who walks on water? He would probably sink in a boat. Mr. Obama has holes in his rhetoric and in his deeds. To call Mr. Obama a savior is to call Forrest Gump a genius. Forrest simply kept stepping into luck. Similarly, Mr. Obama is a failure who keeps garnering votes.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan