- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Dundee estate selling gloves from 2 Ali fights
One set of gloves was worn by Ali when he won the title from Sonny Liston in a huge upset in 1964, while the other set is from his “Fight of the Century” loss at Madison Square Garden in 1971 to Joe Frazier.
“It’s kind of bittersweet,” Dundee said. “These have been in our possession for nearly 50 years. Dad would bring them home and I would store them.”
On Thursday, each set of gloves had been bid up to $241,577. The auction, which also features gloves from Leonard’s infamous “No mas” fight with Roberto Duran in 1980 and other Ali memorabilia, ends Friday at SCPAuctions.com
Jim Dundee said money from the sale would help pay expenses for his sister, Terri, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, and some would go to the Muhammad Ali Foundation.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.