- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
Steven Tyler addresses Nicki Minaj ‘racist’ claim
NEW YORK (AP) - Steven Tyler is apologizing _ if Nicki Minaj misinterpreted his recent comments.
The former "American Idol" judge and Aerosmith frontman responded to Minaj's claim that he's a racist.
Minaj took offense to comments Tyler made during an MTV interview in which he said Bob Dylan would likely be immediately dismissed from this year's show.
"Idol" premieres Jan. 16 on the Fox network with Minaj, Mariah Carey and Keith Urban serving as new judges. The rapper called the comment racist and fired an expletive at the Aerosmith frontman, as well.
During an interview with the Canadian entertainment news program "eTalk," Tyler spoke directly to Minaj, saying: "I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki."
"I am the farthest from _ what did she say I was? _ a racist," Tyler said in the interview. "I'm the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don't know where she got that out of me saying I'm not sure how she would have judged Bob Dylan. I was just saying that if Bob Dylan came on the show, he would've been thrown off, so maybe I spoke out of turn. But a racist I am not, Nicki."
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow