- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
Putin appears in public after health rumors soar
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday made his first public appearance since speculation about his health rose sharply last week.
Mr. Putin marked the national Unity Day holiday by laying flowers at the monument in Red Square commemorating the organizers of fighters who drove out Polish-Lithuanian occupiers in 1612.
Mr. Putin has cancelled some expected trips abroad and made few journeys to the Kremlin in recent weeks. A newspaper report last week said Mr. Putin had injured himself in a widely publicized flight in a motorized hang glider in September.
His spokesman said Mr. Putin was suffering from a pulled muscle, but denied it was connected to the flight.
Mr. Putin walked slowly but without assistance to the monument, and his condition was unclear.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- DeLAY: Hearings offer ripe target in Obamacare battle
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.