- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Taking Names: Chris Brown to stay on supervised probation
A judge Thursday ordered Chris Brown to remain on supervised probation and make another court appearance after he completes an overseas tour.
A prosecutor said a report filed for Thursday’s hearing did not add additional details about Mr. Brown’s service as previously requested by the court. Instead, it included the same spreadsheet of Mr. Brown’s hours that Judge Schnegg called “somewhat cryptic” at a September hearing.
Mr. Brown remains on supervised probation for felony assault for an attack on Rihanna in 2009.
He is scheduled to begin a tour that spans several countries in Europe and South Africa on Nov. 14.
Mr. Brown “appears to be making a sincere effort to comply with terms and conditions of probation,” a probation officer wrote in a report prepared for Thursday’s hearing. The report recommended that Mr. Brown remain on probation under the same conditions he has abided by since pleading guilty to the attack on the eve of the Grammy Awards.
Mr. Brown appeared at the hearing along with his mother and attorney Mark Geragos. He did not speak during the proceedings, and when he attempted to at one point during discussions of his schedule, Mr. Geragos joked, “I don’t dance, you don’t talk.”
Reilly liked getting animated for ‘Wreck-It Ralph’
It wasn’t easy for John C. Reilly to become “Wreck-It Ralph.”
The 47-year-old Oscar nominee (for 2002’s “Chicago”) initially didn’t want the job, reticent about the scope of the project and the process of making animated movies.
“I’d heard that making animated movies for actors was often kind of this isolated, strange experience,” Mr. Reilly told The Associated Press. “You go in and do your lines, and then you react to recorded lines from other people, and you’re never in the same room at the same time and maybe you meet them at the premiere, the other actors.”
He’d been told that animated films were made by committee, rather than the director’s vision guiding the project. And the previous animated roles he was offered never provided a complete script.
“I was like, that doesn’t sound fun at all,” he said. “That just sounds kind of like just an empty suit kind of job.”
But that wasn’t his experience on “Wreck-It Ralph.” Mr. Reilly attended story meetings, met with animators to develop the look of his character and worked side by side with co-stars Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch and Sarah Silverman.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again