- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Cowboys coach Garrett keeping focus on next game
Question of the Day
“We have to be able to play a complete game,” Witten said. “That’s why these games hurt, because we feel like we’ve got the guys that can do it. We’ve got to stay the course.”
That’s the exact message Garrett was emphasizing, one he said would be the same even if the team was coming off a big victory and had a winning record.
“It’s the nature of what we do,” Garrett said. “There’s always urgency to that message. … Don’t focus on that big win you just had or that big loss that you just had. That’s irrelevant. You’ve got to learn from it and go forward.”
Payton was suspended for the season by the NFL for his role in the Saints‘ bounty scandal. The league has taken issue with a clause in the contract extension he agreed to more than a year ago, which was to have kept him in New Orleans through 2015.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, speaking to reporters before Sunday night’s game in Atlanta, said he did not know if Payton might become a coaching free agent after the season.
“The one contract that they sent in to us … we told them what the issue was,” Goodell said. “Now it’s up to the team and Sean Payton. So until I get something back, it’s up to them.”
“Jason’s future is ahead of him. I know how hard he works,” Jones said. “I like his philosophy, so I’ve got a lot of confidence, a lot of faith. One of the brightest spots I see is our head coaching and our coaching in the future.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world