- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
‘Elementary’ gets key post-Super Bowl slot
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Sherlock Holmes is going to the Super Bowl.
CBS said Monday that its freshman drama series about the famous detective is getting the post-Super Bowl broadcast slot in February.
"Elementary," set in modern New York City, stars Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Liu as his sidekick, Dr. Joan Watson.
The series, which airs Thursdays, will get a special airing at 10 p.m. EST on Sunday, Feb. 3, following CBS Sports' coverage of the Super Bowl in New Orleans, the network said.
The NFL championship game is historically among TV's most-watched programs, so airing after it can help a series get discovered by more viewers.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Senate rejects Gillibrand's overhaul of military's handling of sexual assaults
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again