- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Springsteen: ‘A world that challenges hopefulness’
Question of the Day
MADISON, WIS. (AP) - Rock legend Bruce Springsteen joined President Barack Obama at a rally in Wisconsin, playing the anthem “Land of Hope and Dreams.” He said Monday that after Obama ran on an optimistic message of change in 2008 he now faces “a world that challenges your hopefulness.”
Springsteen was spending the final day of the presidential campaign with the president, traveling with him on Air Force One and opening rallies for him in Madison, Wis.; Columbus, Ohio; and Des Moines, Iowa.
Springsteen joked in Madison that while he’s proud to be endorsing the president again, “that first debate really freaked me out.”
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq