- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
AP Source: Sugar Bowl to host Big 12-SEC game
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A person familiar with the decision says New Orleans will be the site of the new marquee bowl game between the Southeastern Conference and Big 12.
The game will still be called the Sugar Bowl and will be played in the Superdome, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because it had not been formally announced.
The story was first reported by ESPN.com.
Several sites were vying to host the game, including Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The game will start in 2014, when the new four-team playoff postseason begins. It will match the champions from the SEC and Big 12, unless those teams are selected to the national semifinals.
In that case, two other highly rated teams from those conferences will be paired up.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world