WIXOM, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a 43-year-old man has been arrested in connection with dozens of shootings across four Michigan counties that resulted in at least one injury.
A task force investigating the shootings said in a statement that the suspect was taken into custody Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.
The task force said that the man is known to have driven a vehicle matching the description provided by one shooting victim and that potential evidence also was seized at the suspect's home.
Additional information about the man wasn't immediately released, pending review by prosecutors.
The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96.