- Pope meets Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
Police: 1 dead, 4 wounded at Fresno, Calif., workplace
Question of the Day
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — One person died and four others, including a suspected gunman, were wounded Tuesday when he opened fire at a food service company here, police said.
The suspect, a parolee who worked at the firm and was identified as Lawrence Jones, shot himself in the head outside the building and was in critical condition, police said.
Two of the wounded victims were in critical condition, and the other was in serious condition.
The shooting occurred at the Apple Valley Farms plant in the central part of the city.
Apple Valley Farms Inc. is a food service equipment company that was established in 2005, according to online business records. A call to the company went to a voice-mail recording that said, “Due to an emergency, we are closed for the day.”
Police received calls from employees at the site around 8:27 a.m. PST. Police Chief Jerry Dyer said officers found the suspect with a gunshot wound to the head and a 32-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the back outside the business.
Inside, they found three other victims.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq