- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Concept presidents don’t work
Barack Obama can best be described as a concept president. To understand what that means, think about a concept car that might appear in a magazine such as Popular Mechanics. In theory, it could run for a year on a handful of potato skins, then sprout wings to fly over traffic jams and fold up into a briefcase when you arrive at work.
In 2008, the media promised a barely vetted president would heal a divided country, make friends out of terrorists, bring peace to the Middle East, solve all our social and economic woes and lower the sea level by powering our country with wind and solar energy.
Although they’re fun to think about, neither concept cars nor concept presidents are real. Just don’t tell that to the leftist ideologues who overwhelmingly run the nation’s media. Unwilling to let go of that tingle-up-your-leg feeling, they have been perfectly willing to sacrifice our country rather than let go of their concept president.
As a result of misleading and misinforming the American public in an attempt to provide cover and protection for Mr. Obama during the last four years, our mendacious media has corrupted itself beyond repair. By morphing from the trusted role of government watchdog to government lapdog, the media has transformed the phrase “journalistic integrity” into an oxymoron. The American people will remember this for a long time.
MICHAEL R. RHODANZ
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same