- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Concept presidents don’t work
Question of the Day
Barack Obama can best be described as a concept president. To understand what that means, think about a concept car that might appear in a magazine such as Popular Mechanics. In theory, it could run for a year on a handful of potato skins, then sprout wings to fly over traffic jams and fold up into a briefcase when you arrive at work.
In 2008, the media promised a barely vetted president would heal a divided country, make friends out of terrorists, bring peace to the Middle East, solve all our social and economic woes and lower the sea level by powering our country with wind and solar energy.
Although they’re fun to think about, neither concept cars nor concept presidents are real. Just don’t tell that to the leftist ideologues who overwhelmingly run the nation’s media. Unwilling to let go of that tingle-up-your-leg feeling, they have been perfectly willing to sacrifice our country rather than let go of their concept president.
As a result of misleading and misinforming the American public in an attempt to provide cover and protection for Mr. Obama during the last four years, our mendacious media has corrupted itself beyond repair. By morphing from the trusted role of government watchdog to government lapdog, the media has transformed the phrase “journalistic integrity” into an oxymoron. The American people will remember this for a long time.
MICHAEL R. RHODANZ
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Bradley Manning, as Chelsea Manning, pens thank-you to MLK from prison
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Pope Franciss colorful past: Gods nightclub bouncer
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Out of the Furnace'