- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Concept presidents don’t work
Barack Obama can best be described as a concept president. To understand what that means, think about a concept car that might appear in a magazine such as Popular Mechanics. In theory, it could run for a year on a handful of potato skins, then sprout wings to fly over traffic jams and fold up into a briefcase when you arrive at work.
In 2008, the media promised a barely vetted president would heal a divided country, make friends out of terrorists, bring peace to the Middle East, solve all our social and economic woes and lower the sea level by powering our country with wind and solar energy.
Although they're fun to think about, neither concept cars nor concept presidents are real. Just don't tell that to the leftist ideologues who overwhelmingly run the nation's media. Unwilling to let go of that tingle-up-your-leg feeling, they have been perfectly willing to sacrifice our country rather than let go of their concept president.
As a result of misleading and misinforming the American public in an attempt to provide cover and protection for Mr. Obama during the last four years, our mendacious media has corrupted itself beyond repair. By morphing from the trusted role of government watchdog to government lapdog, the media has transformed the phrase "journalistic integrity" into an oxymoron. The American people will remember this for a long time.
MICHAEL R. RHODANZ
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report