- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Concept presidents don’t work
Question of the Day
Barack Obama can best be described as a concept president. To understand what that means, think about a concept car that might appear in a magazine such as Popular Mechanics. In theory, it could run for a year on a handful of potato skins, then sprout wings to fly over traffic jams and fold up into a briefcase when you arrive at work.
In 2008, the media promised a barely vetted president would heal a divided country, make friends out of terrorists, bring peace to the Middle East, solve all our social and economic woes and lower the sea level by powering our country with wind and solar energy.
Although they're fun to think about, neither concept cars nor concept presidents are real. Just don't tell that to the leftist ideologues who overwhelmingly run the nation's media. Unwilling to let go of that tingle-up-your-leg feeling, they have been perfectly willing to sacrifice our country rather than let go of their concept president.
As a result of misleading and misinforming the American public in an attempt to provide cover and protection for Mr. Obama during the last four years, our mendacious media has corrupted itself beyond repair. By morphing from the trusted role of government watchdog to government lapdog, the media has transformed the phrase "journalistic integrity" into an oxymoron. The American people will remember this for a long time.
MICHAEL R. RHODANZ
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado