- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Concept presidents don’t work
Barack Obama can best be described as a concept president. To understand what that means, think about a concept car that might appear in a magazine such as Popular Mechanics. In theory, it could run for a year on a handful of potato skins, then sprout wings to fly over traffic jams and fold up into a briefcase when you arrive at work.
In 2008, the media promised a barely vetted president would heal a divided country, make friends out of terrorists, bring peace to the Middle East, solve all our social and economic woes and lower the sea level by powering our country with wind and solar energy.
Although they're fun to think about, neither concept cars nor concept presidents are real. Just don't tell that to the leftist ideologues who overwhelmingly run the nation's media. Unwilling to let go of that tingle-up-your-leg feeling, they have been perfectly willing to sacrifice our country rather than let go of their concept president.
As a result of misleading and misinforming the American public in an attempt to provide cover and protection for Mr. Obama during the last four years, our mendacious media has corrupted itself beyond repair. By morphing from the trusted role of government watchdog to government lapdog, the media has transformed the phrase "journalistic integrity" into an oxymoron. The American people will remember this for a long time.
MICHAEL R. RHODANZ
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine