- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Blythe Danner joins ‘Nice Work If You Can Get It’
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Blythe Danner is jumping into the Broadway show “Nice Work If You Can Get It,” playing the mother of Matthew Broderick’s wealthy playboy character.
Danner, 69, assumes the role currently being played by Academy Award-winner Estelle Parsons on Dec. 18. She’ll play it for 12 weeks through March 10.
Danner, who won a Tony Award in 1970 for her Broadway debut in “Butterflies Are Free,” has appeared in films including “Meet the Parents” and “Lovin’ Molly.” She is the mother of Gwyneth Paltrow.
The show, which also stars Kelli O’Hara, has a book by Joe DiPietro and uses classic Gershwin songs, including “Sweet and Lowdown,” “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” “S’Wonderful,” and “Fascinating Rhythm.” The director and choreographer is Kathleen Marshall, who also made the hit “Anything Goes.”
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq