- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
Brooke Burke: ‘Dancing’ co-host has thyroid cancer
NEW YORK — "Dancing with the Stars" co-host Brooke Burke says she has thyroid cancer.
Burke posted a video message Thursday on YouTube disclosing her condition and her plans for surgery to remove her thyroid.
The 41-year-old mother of four says a lump on her thyroid was found during a biopsy.
She says in the video that the surgery has been scheduled, but she doesn't specify when. She says it will leave "a nice big scar right here," tracing a line across her throat.
Although initially shocked by the diagnosis, Burke says she now feels strong and confident and her doctors are optimistic. She vows to make "a positive out of this negative thing."
Found in the front of the neck, the thyroid secretes several hormones that influence metabolism, growth and development.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014