- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
SINGAPORE (AP) _ Thailand’s Chapchai Nirat shot a 6-under 65 on Friday to take a one-stroke lead after the completion of the first round in the rain-delayed Singapore Open.
Nirat played the final 13 holes Friday morning after play was suspended Thursday afternoon because of rain and the threat of lightning.
Denmark’s Thomas Bjorn was second. He finished the round Thursday.
England’s Simon Khan, Thailand’s Chinnarat Phadungsil and Spain’s Pablo Martin were tied for third at 67 in the event sanctioned by the European and Asian tours.
Top-ranked Rory McIlroy finished off a 70. Three-time champion Adam Scott shot a 71, and Phil Mickelson opened with a 73, and John Daly had a 78.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.