- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Tuning in to TV: Vice President Biden does ‘Parks and Recreation’ cameo
Question of the Day
Fresh off re-election, Vice President Joseph R. Biden will appear on the NBC sitcom “Parks and Recreation” on Thursday.
The vice president’s office said Mr. Biden taped a cameo appearance in July. He said Thursday on Twitter that “my whole family loves the show, and I had a great time doing it.”
The show’s executive producer told The New York Times that Mr. Biden’s appearance was taped under strict secrecy. The show was warned that provisions might have to be made to give Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan a similar cameo if word of Mr. Biden’s participation leaked out before Tuesday’s election.
Mr. Biden frequently has been mentioned on the show as an object of fascination by lead character Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler.
Rihanna rocked in lingerie at Wednesday night’s Victoria's Secret fashion show in New York, providing the highlight of the live-music soundtrack and holding her own on the catwalk with some of the world’s top models.
Those models even had props, including Adriana Lima’s ringmaster wand, Doutzen Kroes’ body cage and several pairs of the oversized angel wings that the retailer has made its signature.
Still, wearing a sheer pink mini that gave glimpses of her bra, Rihanna sang “Fresh Out the Runway” at the end of the corset-and-garter parade and she was the one to grab the audience’s biggest applause.
The fashion show has become a preholiday-season tradition for the retailer. CBS will turn it into a one-hour special, also featuring performances from Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars, to be shown on Dec. 4.
This year’s event had a slight twist. It started with an announcer noting that Victoria's Secret and CBS each had made a donation to Superstorm Sandy relief efforts, and a thank you to the National Guard members based out of the Lexington Avenue Armory that has for years been home to the show.
Mostly, though, models are encouraged to smile, ham it up and show off the extra time at the gym that most admit undergoing in the weeks beforehand. “It’s highly televised, and you take that into consideration,” said model Joan Smalls ahead of the show. “This is kind of not the same as other runways. You have to prepare your body: No. 1 is the wings are heavy, and No. 2 is you have to be comfortable with your body because the camera will pick up on it if you’re not comfortable and confident.”
Adam Lambert to host, perform on ‘VH1 Divas’
“VH1 Divas” will be getting some testosterone this year: Adam Lambert is joining in.
Mr. Lambert will host and perform at the Dec. 16 event. Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland, Jordin Sparks and Ciara also will hit the stage at the special honoring dance music and its current and classic divas.
Tributes to the late Whitney Houston and Donna Summer also are planned.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors