- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Boxing champ Klitschko faces taller, heavier Wach
HAMBURG, GERMANY (AP) - Wladimir Klitschko will fight a heavier and taller opponent when he defends his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight belts against Mariusz Wach of Poland on Saturday.
Klitschko weighed in at 247 pounds on Friday, while the 32-year-old Wach was 251.
The unbeaten Wach will be the first fighter Klitschko has faced who is taller. The 36-year-old Ukrainian is 6-foot-6, while Wach is 6-7 1/2 with a longer reach.
Klitschko goes into his 22nd world championship fight with a 58-3 (51 KOs) record. Wach has won 27 bouts, 15 by knockout, since turning pro in 2005.
Klitschko will fight for the first time since longtime coach Emanuel Steward died last month. It’s his third defense this year after knockout wins over Jean-Marc Mormeck of France in March and American challenger Tony Thompson in July.
Sylvester Stallone, famous from his role in the Rocky films, will attend the bout. It’s part of the promotional campaign for the Rocky musical.
Klitschko and his older brother Vitali, together with Stallone, had a hand in the production of “Rocky: Fight from the Heart,” which opens in Hamburg on Nov. 18.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014