- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Boxing champ Klitschko faces taller, heavier Wach
HAMBURG, GERMANY (AP) - Wladimir Klitschko will fight a heavier and taller opponent when he defends his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight belts against Mariusz Wach of Poland on Saturday.
Klitschko weighed in at 247 pounds on Friday, while the 32-year-old Wach was 251.
The unbeaten Wach will be the first fighter Klitschko has faced who is taller. The 36-year-old Ukrainian is 6-foot-6, while Wach is 6-7 1/2 with a longer reach.
Klitschko goes into his 22nd world championship fight with a 58-3 (51 KOs) record. Wach has won 27 bouts, 15 by knockout, since turning pro in 2005.
Klitschko will fight for the first time since longtime coach Emanuel Steward died last month. It’s his third defense this year after knockout wins over Jean-Marc Mormeck of France in March and American challenger Tony Thompson in July.
Sylvester Stallone, famous from his role in the Rocky films, will attend the bout. It’s part of the promotional campaign for the Rocky musical.
Klitschko and his older brother Vitali, together with Stallone, had a hand in the production of “Rocky: Fight from the Heart,” which opens in Hamburg on Nov. 18.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014