- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
BYU suspends 2 football players amid investigation
Question of the Day
PROVO, UTAH (AP) - Two members of Brigham Young’s football team have been suspended from the team and withdrawn from school amid an investigation into an assault at a Provo restaurant.
Head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced in a statement that senior defensive back Joe Sampson and sophomore linebacker Zac Stout have been suspended for violating team rules. Both players have withdrawn from BYU (5-4) and will not return this season.
Sampson started eight games this year at safety and had 33 tackles. Stout appeared in one game at inside linebacker and had one tackle.
The Provo Police Department said Friday it was investigating the alleged assault that was reported early the morning of Nov. 1. The department said there were allegations that members of the football team were involved.
No charges have been filed.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world