- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
Holly Hunter to star in an off-Broadway play
NEW YORK (AP) - Academy Award-winner Holly Hunter is hoping to rip up the stage when she stars off-Broadway in a new play by Hamish Linklater.
The Flea Theatre said Friday the actress from such films as "Broadcast News" and "Raising Arizona" will be in "The Vandal" from Jan. 18-Feb. 17.
The play will also star Zach Grenier and Noah Robbins. Jim Simpson will direct. The Flea says the new work is a play "about death and vandalism in Kingston, N.Y."
Hunter, who also starred in the TV series "Saving Grace," was last off-Broadway in "Impossible Marriage" in 1998 and played the "Mystery Guest Star" in "The Play What I Wrote" on Broadway in 2003.
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- 'Harry Potter' and 'Hunger Games' fans debate over political messages in films
- Democratic infighting erupts with squabble over entitlements
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.