- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Lee MacPhail, oldest Hall of Famer, dead at 95
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) - Baseball’s Hall of Fame says former American League President Lee MacPhail has died at 95.
He died Thursday night at his home in Delray Beach, Fla. He had been the oldest Hall of Famer.
MacPhail was part of one of baseball’s most famous families. He followed his father into the Hall and his son became a top executive for several major league teams.
MacPhail was the son of Larry MacPhail, who was president of the Brooklyn Dodgers, CEO and general manager of the Brooklyn Dodgers and co-owner, president and GM of the New York Yankees.
Lee MacPhail was GM and president of the Baltimore Orioles and general manager of the Yankees before serving as AL president from 1974 through the 1983 season.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Defiant Reid vows Bundy ranch confrontation 'not over'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.