- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
NHL labor talks under way on 4th straight day
NEW YORK (AP) - The NHL and the union have begun a fourth straight day of talks in an effort to end a lockout that threatens the entire season.
Negotiators returned to bargaining Friday morning, getting an earlier start than in previous days. A union spokesman says there will be multiple meetings between the sides during the day to discuss collective bargaining matters.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and players’ association executive director Donald Fehr spoke publicly Thursday night after talks ended. Neither provided details on what was discussed or if progress was made.
This is the fifth time in seven days there have been negotiations. The 55-day lockout has forced the cancellation of 327 regular-season games, including the New Year’s Day Winter Classic in Michigan, and ensured that a full season won’t be played.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.