- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reformulating society
In passing Question 6, Maryland’s voters changed the meaning of the word “marriage.” The reformulation of marriage entails the dilution of the family — a fundamental institution of human society and a source of resistance to the state.
Molding society by manipulating language and, consequently, thought was a technique of the regime depicted in George Orwell’s novel “Nineteen Eighty-Four.” That this is now being done by popular vote may be ironic, but it is hardly surprising.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.