- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
John Lennon drawings coming to NYC gallery
NEW YORK (AP) - Fans can see another artistic side of John Lennon in New York City this week.
An exhibition will feature 100 drawings and sketches by the late Beatle. It’s called “The Artwork of John Lennon.”
The show runs Friday through Oct. 9 at 130 Prince St. in SoHo.
It marks what would have been Lennon’s 72nd birthday.
The works cover the years 1964 to 1980, the year Lennon was fatally shot outside his Manhattan apartment building.
The exhibition is being presented by his widow, Yoko Ono, as well as Bag One Arts and Legacy Productions.
A $2 donation is suggested, and the funds will benefit Citymeals-on-Wheels.
Lennon’s art consists of quick sketches and the Oriental technique of sumi ink drawings.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014