- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Palestinians: 2 teams to probe Arafat’s death
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — A Palestinian official says French and Swiss investigators will visit the West Bank to conduct parallel probes into the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
The French team is conducting a criminal investigation into Arafat's death at the request of his widow, Suha Arafat. The Palestinian Authority invited the Swiss team to examine the remains of the longtime leader and determine how he died eight years ago.
The head of the Palestinian committee investigating the death, Tawfik Tirawi, said Monday the teams were coordinating their arrival date.
Mrs. Arafat had asked the Palestinian Authority to suspend any other probe or ensure that it was coordinated with the French investigation.
Suspicions of poisoning surrounding Arafat's death emerged when a deadly radioactive isotope was recently found on clothes said to be his.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.