- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Seth MacFarlane: ‘Family Guy’ creator to host Oscars
Question of the Day
The 85th annual Academy Awards will be presented Feb. 24 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles. Nominations will be announced Jan. 10 — nearly a week earlier than typically revealed and coming ahead of the Golden Globe Awards.
Mr. MacFarlane said being invited to host the Oscar show “was just an absolute thrill and I’m very much looking forward to it.” He even posted a video on YouTube Monday of him sharing the big news with his dad.
In the minute-long clip, Mr. MacFarlane says he’s been asked to host the Oscars, and his dad responds by offering him some “barely used” bathing suits.
“I’ve invited you here today to tell you I’m hosting the Oscars,” Mr. MacFarlane says. “This should be huge news to you.”
“Of course, it’s wonderful news,” his father replies. “But also the fact that you’re getting almost brand-new bathing suits is also good news.”
When Mr. MacFarlane seems unappreciative, dad snatches back the swimsuits and says, “I’m going to give these to Billy Crystal.”
Mr. Crystal hosted the last Oscar show. Other recent hosts include Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, James Franco and Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Jon Stewart and Ellen DeGeneres.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world