- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Stephen Baldwin settles NY driving case, pays fine
NEW YORK (AP) - Stephen Baldwin untangled a traffic case Monday that got him arrested as he was trying to get coffee in the city this summer.
“The Usual Suspects” actor became a defendant in real life when police pulled him over in Harlem in August and said his license was suspended. He pleaded guilty Monday to unlicensed driving _ a traffic infraction, not a crime _ and was ordered to pay a $75 fine.
The 46-year-old actor told the Daily News of New York in August that police stopped him while he was heading for a Starbucks with his daughter. He said he hadn’t been notified that his license was suspended.
State Department of Motor Vehicles representatives didn’t immediately return a call Monday.
The youngest of acting’s Baldwin brothers, Stephen Baldwin was one of the stars of the 1995 whodunit “The Usual Suspects.” He also appeared in 1989’s “Born on the Fourth of July” and television’s “The Young Riders,” and he played Barney Rubble in 2000’s “The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas.”
Earlier this year, Baldwin faced off in a New Orleans civil courtroom with fellow actor Kevin Costner. Baldwin said Costner and a business partner duped him out of their fair share of a lucrative deal related to the cleanup of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The actors and others had formed a company that marketed devices that separate oil from water.
Follow Jennifer Peltz at http://twitter.com/jennpeltz
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again