- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: U.N. speech belies Christian claim
Question of the Day
“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” There is no denying that President Obama made these comments. They were taken verbatim from his speech before the United Nations last week (“W.H. insists Obama U.N. remarks spoke out against ‘slander’ toward everyone ‘equally,’ ” Web, Sept. 25).
Mr. Obama placed the Prophet of Islam ahead of Jesus Christ. If he were truly a Christian, he wouldn’t do that. He was pandering to the audience. He was summarizing his foreign policy: submission.
A Christian, a Muslim, a Mormon or an atheist — any could theoretically be our president. The kind of person we can’t have in office is a deceiver. Even the radical Rev. Jeremiah Wright doubts Mr. Obama’s Christianity, as presented in “The Amateur,” by Edward Klein.
What Mr. Obama should have said is, “The future must not belong to those who suppress free speech.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?