- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Kudos to Kid
Question of the Day
As a former Obama supporter, musician Kid Rock recently did something very courageous. In front of a hometown Michigan crowd, he disavowed his support for President Obama, saying that he was sorry that the president “didn’t do a better job” (“Kid Rock: Rocker helps VP hopeful Ryan, risks irking fans,” Web, Tuesday). Then he proudly introduced vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan.
Although I have heard worse in my day, I am by no means a fan of Kid Rock’s music. But I can’t help but respect him for his honesty and guts to “take a stand for something” even though that stand may alienate part of his fan base. For that, I admire him as a man.
My question is, does Bruce Springsteen, my personal lifelong favorite musician and an ardent 2008 Obama supporter, have this gutsy quality in him as well? For unknown reasons, Mr. Springsteen, who was once a very vocal Obama supporter, has gone totally mute on his enthusiasm for the president. As someone who endured Mr. Springsteen’s one-way, on-stage lectures during the last presidential cycle, I’d like to know why he apparently doesn’t support the president anymore.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
Get Breaking Alerts
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- EDITORIAL: Pols' misrepresentations fuel public's cynicism about politics
- EDITORIAL: 'Operation Choke Point': A noose for business
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- EDITORIAL: Meriam Ibrahim's happy immigrant story
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Atheists, let up on 9/11 cross
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ukraine is not so easily understood