- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Kudos to Kid
As a former Obama supporter, musician Kid Rock recently did something very courageous. In front of a hometown Michigan crowd, he disavowed his support for President Obama, saying that he was sorry that the president “didn’t do a better job” (“Kid Rock: Rocker helps VP hopeful Ryan, risks irking fans,” Web, Tuesday). Then he proudly introduced vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan.
Although I have heard worse in my day, I am by no means a fan of Kid Rock’s music. But I can’t help but respect him for his honesty and guts to “take a stand for something” even though that stand may alienate part of his fan base. For that, I admire him as a man.
My question is, does Bruce Springsteen, my personal lifelong favorite musician and an ardent 2008 Obama supporter, have this gutsy quality in him as well? For unknown reasons, Mr. Springsteen, who was once a very vocal Obama supporter, has gone totally mute on his enthusiasm for the president. As someone who endured Mr. Springsteen’s one-way, on-stage lectures during the last presidential cycle, I’d like to know why he apparently doesn’t support the president anymore.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults