- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No handouts without stipulations
Question of the Day
What is an ally? According to the dictionary, an ally is one who is in friendly, helpful association with another, often by treaty. America has only one true ally in the Middle East, and that is Israel.
All other associations with Middle Eastern nations are purely opportunistic on the part of those nations. Yet we continue to impoverish ourselves by borrowing money from China in order to offer aid to Egypt, the Palestinians, Libya and many other countries that should go begging for themselves instead of relying on us not only to borrow on their behalf, but to pay the interest to boot.
Let us quit offering aid money without stipulations that require good behavior. These untrustworthy nations will either lie about their activities or go deeper under cover and continue their same deceptive ways. America needs a hard and fast policy of not offering financial assistance to any nation in the world that does not live by the same constitutional rights that we declare to be given to all people by the hand of God, not government. In the Middle East, that is only Israel.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'