- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Team decides against Thursday skydive
Question of the Day
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Extreme athlete Felix Baumgartner has decided against a second attempt at making a supersonic skydive over New Mexico on Thursday.
Baumgartner aborted his mission Tuesday due to high winds, but his team had hoped the weather Thursday might allow him another try.
His meteorologist Wednesday morning ruled out a Thursday jump. The team will hold a briefing to talk about next steps.
Baumgartner is hoping to become the first skydiver to break the sound barrier by jumping from a capsule floated 23 miles into the stratosphere by 55-story helium balloon.
The jump was postponed due to weather Monday, then aborted at the last minute Tuesday.
The balloon is so delicate that it can only take off if winds are 2 mph or below on the ground.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq