- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Umpire Joyce misses call at 1st base in NLDS
WASHINGTON (AP) - It’s another umpiring call that went the St. Louis Cardinals way this postseason.
And it’s not the first time TV replays show umpire Jim Joyce missed a call at first base.
Joyce ruled Nationals batter Danny Espinosa out when he bunted with a runner on and no outs in the second inning of Wednesday’s Game 3 of Washington’s NL division series against St. Louis. Nationals manager Davey Johnson came out to argue as fans booed.
The Cardinals benefited from a disputed infield-fly rule call in their wild-card game victory at the Atlanta Braves last week. Fans at that game responded by tossing trash on the field.
Joyce is best known for blowing a call at first base to ruin Detroit pitcher Armando Galarraga’s bid for a perfect game in 2010.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014