- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
49ers to play Jaguars in London in 2013
The Jaguars, who have a deal to play one home game in London for four consecutive seasons beginning in 2013, will face the 49ers on Oct. 27, 2013.
“This is a unique and important opportunity for the Jaguars franchise, as well as for our fans and community,” Jaguars owner Shad Khan said. “We can’t wait to see our global vision for the Jaguars become reality next season.”
The 49ers beat the Denver Broncos in 2010 at Wembley, which has hosted one NFL game annually since 2007. On Oct. 28, the New England Patriots will play the St. Louis Rams.
Staging games is seen as the testing ground for the NFL’s global push, although taking regular-season games to Asia has been ruled out because of the time difference.
“If we could do it (play games) in the UK there is no reason not to do it in Europe or Latin America,” NFL Chief Marketing Officer Mark Waller said. “It’s an experiment if we can make it work, there are many other markets we can build the footprint.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.