- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
49ers to play Jaguars in London in 2013
Question of the Day
The Jaguars, who have a deal to play one home game in London for four consecutive seasons beginning in 2013, will face the 49ers on Oct. 27, 2013.
“This is a unique and important opportunity for the Jaguars franchise, as well as for our fans and community,” Jaguars owner Shad Khan said. “We can’t wait to see our global vision for the Jaguars become reality next season.”
The 49ers beat the Denver Broncos in 2010 at Wembley, which has hosted one NFL game annually since 2007. On Oct. 28, the New England Patriots will play the St. Louis Rams.
Staging games is seen as the testing ground for the NFL’s global push, although taking regular-season games to Asia has been ruled out because of the time difference.
“If we could do it (play games) in the UK there is no reason not to do it in Europe or Latin America,” NFL Chief Marketing Officer Mark Waller said. “It’s an experiment if we can make it work, there are many other markets we can build the footprint.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world