- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
ABC’s Robin Roberts home from hospital
NEW YORK (AP) - ABC’s Robin Roberts has come home from the hospital three weeks after undergoing a bone marrow transplant.
After thanking her doctors and nurses and singing “Amen,” the “Good Morning America” host began the next stage of recovery from MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. Her sister was the donor for her bone marrow.
While leaving the hospital after a month is a big first step. Roberts’ doctor explained that it still will take time for the patient to gather strength and build up her immune system.
“Good Morning America,” now the top-rated network morning show, aired a story about Wednesday’s homecoming. The show has brought in occasional celebrity guest hosts such as Stephen Colbert to fill in for Roberts.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014