- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Glenn Beck’s empty SUV crashes down NY hill
LODI, N.Y. (AP) - Radio talk show host Glenn Beck’s family had a close call when their sport utility vehicle rolled down a steep hill in New York’s Finger Lakes region just after they had exited the SUV.
In an account of the mishap posted on Beck’s website, TheBlaze.com, he says he was hugging his newly married daughter as his wife got their young son out of the vehicle. They had just arrived at the cottage rented for the daughter’s wedding reception last weekend in Lodi (LOH’-dye), on Seneca Lake. Beck says the SUV slid down the hill and overturned, coming to rest near the shoreline.
Photos on the website show the SUV with broken windows and damage to its passenger side.
The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office says the accident wasn’t reported to police in the county.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again