- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Bieber publicist: Stolen laptop tweet not a hoax
SEATTLE (AP) - Was pop star Justin Bieber’s laptop actually stolen during a show in Washington state?
Bieber tweeted to his nearly 29 million followers he and his tour manager were victimized during the show Tuesday night at the Tacoma Dome. But questions were raised Friday about the authenticity of Bieber’s claim.
Another Twitter user alluded to having the laptop and footage of the pop star. The account, though, linked to Bieber’s new music video, which starts with text saying personal footage was stolen and uploaded “illegally.”
That prompted suspicions the supposed theft was a hoax meant to hype the new music video, which was released Friday.
She did not immediately reply to questions about the release of the music video or whether the Twitter account claiming to have footage of the pop start was connected to publicity. The Twitter user, (at)gexwy, did not respond to a message from The Associated Press.
Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said a report was filed online Wednesday, but he doesn’t foresee police officers spending much time investigating.
“A lot of people got played,” Fulghum said. “It became a big media frenzy, so I guess that was the idea.”
But Fulghum did acknowledge the pop star’s laptop could have been stolen.
The Tacoma News Tribune reported Friday that Tacoma officials reviewed surveillance video of the room where Bieber’s property was allegedly taken, but could not make a determination there was a theft.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!