- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare forces taxpayer abortion funding
Question of the Day
On Wednesday night, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. talked about how he cannot in good conscience force other people to follow the teachings of the Catholic Church concerning abortion ("The Joker Joe Biden blasts Ryan's 'malarkey,' " Web, Thursday). He is personally opposed, of course, but naturally can't see fit to impose his beliefs on others, he said.
Isn't it hypocritical that the Department of Health and Human Services' mandate of the Affordable Care Act tax imposes abortion funding requirements on those who oppose abortion? The HHS mandate will force anyone who has any objection to abortion or sterilization to pay for the procedures through fees collected from them by insurance companies. It's time to wake up, America. Protect religious freedom and fire President Obama.
Mountain Top, Pa.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Donald Lambro
The president writes off jobless Americans who have given up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy