- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/W2TAji) and Daily News ( http://nydn.us/TlxkKW) report that Manning was arraigned Friday after an early morning fight the day before with assistant Holliann Hartman inside the Dream Hotel in Chelsea.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem’s ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie “8 Mile.”
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault. He says it was “a little misunderstanding between the two.”
Manning is due back in court Nov. 13.
By Michael P. Orsi
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- Sebelius adds another Obamacare exemption
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow