- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/W2TAji) and Daily News ( http://nydn.us/TlxkKW) report that Manning was arraigned Friday after an early morning fight the day before with assistant Holliann Hartman inside the Dream Hotel in Chelsea.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem's ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie "8 Mile."
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault. He says it was "a little misunderstanding between the two."
Manning is due back in court Nov. 13.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
White House pets gone wild!