- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Usher in London: the Peter Pan of R&B turns 34
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - R&B star Usher says he still feels 21, despite just celebrating his 34th birthday.
The singer “danced all night” in London with a host of British singing talent Saturday night before his birthday Sunday, including Leona Lewis, Tinie Tempah, Dizzee Rascal and JLS star Ortise Williams. But Usher says that’s not where the party is going to end.
“It’s really going to be a party celebration week as opposed to weekend,” he said.
In London to promote the computer game “Dance Central 3” for Xbox, Usher also talked about his recent decision to put his European tour dates on hold in order to “do something really creative.”
The American R&B star is joining the judging panel on the American talent show “The Voice,” a role he can’t wait to fill.
“I haven’t really had the chance to show people what I do behind the scenes in regards to mentoring, so this will kind of give you a different perspective” about me, he told The Associated Press.
Aside from designing video games and mentoring young hopefuls, Usher just premiered a new music video for his latest single “Numb.” It opens with real-life footage of the singer controversially walking off stage partway through his Berlin gig last year and features him dancing in a glass box.
“You know, I live my life in a glass box and every move, everything that I do is kind of speculated or either spoken about in some way and I never really can speak about it myself,” he said. “This kind of gave me the opportunity to open up and just be vulnerable.”
“Numb” is the latest single from the R&B star’s “Looking 4 Myself” album.
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq