- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Falcons soar to top of AP Pro32 NFL power rankings
The Redskins and Seahawks each moved up six spots after big wins. Washington was 13th after its win over Minnesota and the Seattle was ninth after its win over New England.
“This is a dangerous team with a nasty defense and a smooth rookie QB,” Pat Kirwan of CBSSports.com/Sirius XM said of the Seahawks. “Big, big game Thursday night against the 49ers.
The Broncos were up five sports to 10th after a comeback 35-24 win over San Diego on Monday night.
“No matter how many times Peyton Manning makes this kind of magic, it never gets old watching it,” Bob Glauber of Newsday said. “His second-half rally in San Diego ranks near the top of pages-long list of career highlights.”
There are 11 teams with 3-3 records. The highest ranked is Green Bay at seventh; the lowest is Buffalo at 24th.
“I laugh at people who question and criticize reigning NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers … Really?” asked Rich Gannon of CBS Sports/Sirius XM after listing the Packers at sixth.
As for the Bills, one voter had them 27th, even after their 19-16 overtime win at Arizona.
“With the season they’ve had, they’re tied for first in AFC East. Wacky,” said Sporting News’ Brown.
Jacksonville fell to 32nd and last, replacing Cleveland after the Browns won for the first time and moved up to 30th.
“Last in offense, 29th in defense and first in line for the top pick in the 2013 draft,” Ira Kaufman of the Tampa Tribune said.
Follow Richard Rosenblatt on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/rosenblattap
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again